Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The latest

I keep turning on the oven with my belly (when I reach into the cabinet above it). HA!
I'm the proud owner of a brand new baby mattress. I did my research about the one to get (and I am happy to support the Atlanta company that makes it) and bought a new one off of eBay. I said I was going to sleep on it tonight but Dallas suggested I let Max (the dog) sleep on it, which might work, because I could put the mattress cover on it and test it out for poop or pee (although he hasn't pooped or peed in the bed lately, knock on wood).
I went to my support group for women who've lost babies last night (I hadn't been since I started showing). I was a little nervous about anyone feeling uncomfortable (the group leader had cleared it beforehand) but I was welcomed and it was like coming home - having me/a pregnant woman there was different for my old group members because I have been where they are. Some are still heavily grieving their losses, some are yearning for being pregnant. My memories of my horrible tragedy almost 2 years ago are still very real and vivid and my heart really goes out to everyone who has experienced a loss!!

3 comments:

bb said...

Good for you for going to your group. It must have been so hard for everyone involved, and I'm happy to see that the ladies welcomed you back.

And YAY for the baby mattress!! You are getting so close!!!!!!

HeatherV said...

Good for you for going to the group, even with reservations. Even better that you felt welcomed with open arms and hearts.

I can't wait to see Marley's room. Is it post picture ready yet? No pressure, we didn't put Ben's room up until 3 weeks until he arrived :-)

Dallas said...

So excited for you! I am glad Max didn't poo ball the baby mattress. I hadn't realized you had started posting again, so I am behind. Get ready for the possibility of multiple comments!