Wednesday, December 9, 2009

D-Day!!!



The call came at 9:30pm...report to the hospital at 11. Talk about a "full service hotel", my very good friend and nurse anesthetist extraordinaire Celeste met us in the hallway and carried my bag to the room. She is making extra sure that I have only the very best care. Talk about "its a small world", one of my nurses, Brandi, is friends with my friend Jennifer and went to nursing school with her husband. My other nurse is Lisa and they are both wonderful. Now to the good stuff:

1:10AM - I am 2 to 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced which means no Cytotek (to thin my cervix). They will start Pitocin at 4AM and then WE ARE HAVIN' A BABY!!!




6 comments:

HeatherV said...

I know this will be the ending you have wanted for so, so long and I hope Marley's birthday is everything you have been planning and waiting for.

Sending you SUCH good thoughts in the next days, weeks, months ahead. Welcome sweet Marley, you are already loved beyond reason.

LauraC said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait to see your little girl!

Dallas said...

I can't believe you were posting in the middle of the night. I was up in the wee hours of the morning (4ish) and couldn't sleep--I was thinking about y'all and was too excited to sleep!

Barb said...

So excited for you and Justin. Great picture of you too.

bb said...

OMG!!!! Good luck and I hope you are already holding that precious baby. Congrats!!!!!!!!

dh said...

Baby Marley has arrived 10:39 am. All are well.