Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Great report

We got a great report at the perinatologist yesterday. Between the good 16 week ultrasound, the good quad screen test results and the good 20 week ultrasound everything looks great and he suggests we don't need to do amnio. We'll do another ultrasound at 28 weeks. So, I'm walking on sunshine!
I won't feel (very) confident until 32 weeks but I'm headed in the right direction!
They estimated GG to be 12 oz. and I can feel her moving like crazy. I'm getting big(er) but not having any bad pregnancy symptoms. It's been interesting to hear people talk/make comments about my widening hips.
Our oldest dog, Max, went lame on Sunday and wouldn't use the bathroom. Justin and I assumed the worst thinking we'd have to put him to sleep - it was horrible! The vet tried a shot and some medicine to see if the problem was pain (an injury?) and he improved very quickly. He's weak and wobbly but we're hoping the problem is not systemic. Max is old and had a good life. We don't want him to suffer or be incapacitated and really hope he'll die peacefully in his sleep when it's his time. I didn't have pets as a kid and discovered as an adult how difficult it is to lose a pet.
Hope you all are well!

2 comments:

LauraC said...

YAY! No amnio is great!

I would love to say I stopped worrying when I hit 36 weeks, but the real moment I stopped worrying was when I heard my boys' little cries when they were born. It was the craziest minute to have this huge sense of relief that I could stop worrying about pre-term labor and the next minute worry about them going to NICU.

Julia said...

Go mommy and GG!!!! No amnio!!!

Best wishes for Max.