Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The latest

In preparation for using the frozen babies Gardner, I will start Lupron injections on July 25, do that for 2 weeks, then take estrogen for 3 weeks (along with a lesser Lupron dose) and assorted other meds (Progesterone, blood thinner, antibiotic, medrol) - then thaw the embryos (hope like hell they make it) and transfer them in at about the end of August. We will transfer both embryos.
I'll be anxious to see if all the extra estrogen makes me super female crazy.
Poor Rufus is on lock down again. We could tell he wasn't feeling well last week so we took him to the vet. They poked and prodded - he got a prostate exam and the poo stick up the butt for a poopaloop sample (I thought that stick was going to come out his mouth) - and the vet squeezed/drained his anal glands. They were full and SMELLY - we had to air out the room - it was gagalicious. Our vet says there is no real health benefit (after weighing both pros and cons) to getting neurtered - so take that basset rescue nazis!
Justin is happy because he's cycling again (and losing his freshmen 20).
The Tour de France is on and we've been glued to watching each day's stage.
Justin and I both are sleeping a lot. What's up with that? Can you catch a disease that makes you sleep all the time? Could it be the new mexican sleeping fever?
My foot has hurt a lot this go around and I've upgraded from Lortab to Percocet, but I have to say that it's been disappointing because my foot still hurts like hell. My love affair with Percocet may be over.
We have about 1 month left before Justin returns to Athens - so we'll be honeymooning it up!
Go forth and appreciate the things you have to be thankful for!

3 comments:

Dallas said...

So you didn't take estrogen last time? Is that ANOTHER shot? Yikes! Justin better get ready with his needles

Sandra said...

Hi Dallas - no I didn't take estrogen for the fresh cycles. They are pills. I'll have Lupron shots and Progesterone shots. Let's get this party started.

Dallas said...

Party on Wayne!