Friday, May 8, 2009

Great news!

I had a consult with a genetic counselor yesterday and she said there's a 95% chance that the babies are normal and fine (that they are not monosomies). What a huge relief!
The 5% chance is if they were disomies (got the 2 chromosomes from the same parent) and we will test for those using amnio.
I've been reading about the proper nutrition/eating/weight gain for twins - holy cow I have a lot of eating to do! I think I'm going to aim for 20 pounds by 20 weeks and 30 pounds (total) by 30 weeks (but I'm still doing my research).
My 8 week ultrasound is Monday.

4 comments:

LauraC said...

Awesome!

The #1 thing I miss about being pregnant with twins is the food! Enjoy every minute of it!

Julia said...

Girl you are on your way.

((((BIG HUG))))

Barb said...

Thinking about you often! Enjoy your food!

Dallas said...

Let's get cooking!