Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Leading up to today, I didn't think much about myself as a mother, but I was at the grocery store and they were giving roses to all the mothers, and it made me think about yes I am a mother (to the baby we lost in 2007) and yes I am a mother to my babies who aren't here yet. I'm also a mother to hundreds of children who have crossed my path and I have loved and "mothered" over the last 17 years in my work. And wow I sure will be relieved and ecstatic to be a real live in person mother when the twins get here.
Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there.
A very special "I'm thinking about you" to all the mothers who have lost a baby/child and to those who are still struggling to be mothers, struggling with what to do about the quest for motherhood, or struggling with how to move beyond it. I really emphathize with you and my heart goes out to you with extra love and support!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Happy mother's day to you! I hope this day was everything you ever wanted. And I look forward to next mother's day reading your blog about your little babies!