Monday, June 29, 2009

The latest

I went to the doc again today to get a doppler heartbeat/heart tones (because I felt weird all day yesterday). It feels a little paranoid but also natural. Everything was fine and the heart rate was high 150s.
I'll have bloodwork Wednesday to check my levels b/c of the blood thinner. My old blood thinner bruises are fading and my new blood thinner (went back to my original one) is wonderful.
I will see the perinatologist on July 9 (and actually my regular ob/gyn that morning). It's possible they will be able to determine the sex since I'll be 16 weeks.
I'm sort of amazed at how big I've gotten so much sooner this time. I feel like I've really popped out. Clothes shopping and picture taking (of the preggo sillouette) have been a little depressing but I know I need to snap out of that kind of thinking. I've surprised myself by being downright cranky and bitchy sometimes - down girl!
We found out today our friends Scott/Jennifer are going to have a girl - congratulations! We've had a good chuckle about Scott having to fight off all the guys who were like him as a teenager and Jennifer having to raise a daughter knowing in the back of her head all the crazy things she's done over the years (I think hell raiser fits here).
We're headed to NC for the July 4th weekend. Have a great holiday and be glad you live in the USA!

No comments: