Thursday, July 2, 2009

This is not funny - false alarm!

We're at our friend's house in NC for the weekend. I just went to the bathroom and there were slight streaks of bright red on my undies. I immediately started telling myself not to freak out and to remain calm and then I started trying to figure out what to do. I was going to put on a pantyliner to be able to see if there was anything new. I asked Justin to come in the bathroom with me and upon further investigation . . . I discovered that the bright red was actually fuzz from the (presumably new) red towel that I had used for my shower today (I had fuzz everywhere after the shower). Holy shit! How nerve wracking and what a relief! I am now 1000 times more appreciative for the pregnancy I have right now - thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm sure I'll be able to laugh about this later.

5 comments:

HeatherV said...

That had to be so very scary.

When I was pg with Ben I started bleeding at school and immedately thought here we go again, luckily an u/s confirmed all was good but I can remember the sheer panic.

Off topic but I set up the phone consult with the genetic counselor for late next week. She seemed very nice and "made" an off hours appointment for us given all that is going on next week with my husband's surgery.

Have a great 4th holiday in NC!

bb said...

I hope you can laugh about this someday, because it is really funny. So glad it turned out to be towel fuzz!!!!!!

Barb said...

So glad it was towel fuzz!!

Julia said...

We'll call you Elmo.

shiner said...

OMG, that would scare the hell out of anyone! Sorry you went through that. Being thankful is a really good thing.