Monday, March 23, 2009

DOC 6

Today more bloodwork and ultrasound. I have 4 follicles/eggs on each side. My estradiol is 221 (1st IVF it was 334 and 2nd IVF was 720) so we are increasing my FSH dose again tonight. Back again for bloodwork/ultrasound tomorrow.

I'm usually listening to 80's music (on DirectTV) when I post, so I thought I should starting posting which song I'm listening to - Super Freak by Rick James. If you aren't 80s savvy, then you need to educate yourself.

For my sweet baby girl, JJ, who we lost to an abruption at 6 months pregnant; she would have been about a year old today. When I was pregnant, I knew she was a boy, thus, the JJ - Justin, Jr. was her nick name. If she were here, I imagine her with curly hair like me and a streak of stubborn/feisty/mischeivousness like Justin. My group for people who've lost babies had a balloon release Saturday and I sent a love note to her.
My Dad died unexpectedly a week and a half after we lost the baby. After we buried him, my Mom and I went to the cemetary to see if they had set his headstone. The caretaker was just arriving to set it into place, he had another headstone on his cart, which was for a baby that died the same day as my Dad. He asked us if Mr. Hunt was a good grandpa (he was) and then said "He's up in heaven taking care of this baby." So, I like to think about Grandpa Neil with Baby JJ in his lap and they are looking down on us all.



3 comments:

LauraC said...

Oh Sandra, I am so sorry to hear this story. I am also so amazed that you are staying so strong and so positive through this IVF journey in light of your past. You go girl!

Jenny said...

Sandra, your blog almost made me cry! You are so amazing to have gone through all of this, and what a sweet way to picture your daddy and your JJ together. Your strength and your courage constantly astound me.

Dallas said...

Your description of your dad and baby JJ was so sweet! This was such an emotional read. I am so proud of and in awe of you!