Sunday, March 22, 2009

Update

I had bloodwork and ultrasound today, Day of Cycle 5, which is early. For IVFs 1 and 2, I had my first bloodwork on DOC 6 and first ultrasound on DOC 7. Because of my tendency to make eggs so quickly they wanted to monitor me sooner - and we'll try to "cook" them for a day longer so they are more mature. I have 3 follicles on the right side and 2 on the left. My estradiol is 169. The doc says to increase my FSH dose tonight.
One thing I look forward to on my drive to/from Atlanta is listening to books on CD. I just finished listening to The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian (or Bojangles, for my Mom's benefit). I'm starting At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon.
I still feel crappy from my cold/sinus stuff - my head won't stop pounding.
Tomorrow is/was my due date a year ago - it's weird to think we could have a 1-year-old child.
That's all the news - hope you all are well!

5 comments:

shiner said...

Ok, good deal so all is well so far. I'll be anxious to hear more. How wonderful that you make them well. That's great! You're in my prayers - hope that's okay to say here.

Sandra said...

Hi Candy! Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. I guess you must still be pregnant since you're writing - that baby waited until Daddy got home and then some. It's really wild to see only 15 days on the counter on your blog. When are you supposed to stop taking your blood thinner?

Julia said...

Great update and thanks for the book suggestions. Always looking for a good read.

You and baby are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tara said...

I always had the cold/sinus problems when I was cycling too.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

shiner said...

Hey! You are most welcome. Yep, still waiting. I stopped taking the blood thinner at about 20 weeks. I meant to tell you the other day when I responded that I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you mean abou the anniversary.