Thursday, March 26, 2009

DOC 9 - Oh ye of little faith why do you doubt?

7 on the left and 6 on the right = 13. Estradiol is 915 (good). Keeping my FSH dose at the higher level. I met with the doc today for my history/physical and we discussed the plan, possibilities, etc. I told her this was it (no more IVF, no donor eggs, no adoption) so she better get me pregnant.
I got in my car to head home and started having a little freak out (what if none of the embryos look good enough to do the genetic testing, what if I don't have any embryos that are normal and end up with none) and my book on CD starting playing - Father Tim, the character in the book, quoted scripture "Oh ye of little faith, why do you doubt?", and me believing in signs took that as a sign, and I repeated it the whole way home.

I grew up in New Mexico and have always appreciated Indian fetishes (miniature carvings imbued with spirit forces) and I looked up the meaning behind the turtle (patience) and then rabbit (the guardian of women during childbirth, which I never knew). Holy cow - yesterday I was saying I was trying to be the turtle but naturally am more like the rabbit - that's another sign, that the rabbit is the guardian of women during childbirth!

On the 80s channel - Prince, 1999. If you don't remember 1999 (well) then you probably shouldn't be viewing my blog.

I go back to the doc for bloodwork/ultrasound Friday and Saturday, will trigger Saturday night, and have egg retrieval on Monday. In the meantime, I'm trying to stay CALM and repeating: Oh Ye of Little Faith Why Do You Doubt

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Okay, so the moral is: you be the turtle and your support system will be the rabbit. You can't be your own guardian! Let us take care of you, while you take care of the eggs. I've got other turtles if you think that helps....

Unknown said...

sounds like things r moving along! just remember, the Lord is with you and as hard as it is, you must have faith and trust...

cant wait to hear ur next update!