Monday, August 25, 2008

A fond farewell to The Boys


Well folks, here you have it, it's the old snip snip for Rufus' Big Boys. He started growling at me and Justin this weekend (a ferocious, snarling growl). He actually bit me (no marks) this morning. He's had some food aggression issues for about a month. Our vet thinks he's trying to establish dominance and said we need to nip it (or snip it) in the bud quickly to get control of it before it becomes a pattern. So, the world will be at a loss because the galacial man parts will be gone.
Our vet thinks part of this could be because Justin left (for school) but then came back (for the weekend) - probably something like Rufus had me all to himself and then Justin came back and was too much man for Rufus - that's my super manly, man, Justin.
Well, at least the basset nazis will be happy.
He's recommended some behavior modification like hand feeding and not letting him on the bed, so I'm ready, and I have my wooden spoon within reach in case I have to lay the smack down on him. Right now, he's asleep on me like a little angel.
On the non dog front, I am still HOT and rapidly approaching D-Day, Thursday.
I have a rental car because Justin's car has been in the shop for a week and a half now and every time they work on it, they mess up something new. But, hey - I'm just glad I don't live in Iraq!
Think good pregnant, baby thoughts for me this week!

4 comments:

Becca said...

I am glad that someone else under the menopausal age is experiencing the joy of hot flashes!! they suck! Hopefully me being your "pain in the ass" will prevent any further needle injuries! I am sending good baby thoughts your way!

My regards to Rufus. yall should have a going away celebration for his manly dog balls! RIP

Barb said...

OMG - that is the funniest picture I will be thinking very positive baby thoughts for you.

Dallas said...

Later, Rufus' balls. Now he will be known as the dog that USED to have exceptionally large ones.

I am thinking LOTS of baby thoughts for you. Would it help to take some baby accessory with you tomorrow? Because I CAN arrange a trip to Target and carefully select a baby item for you.

Jenny said...

Sandra, when I told Wes about the removal of the Rufus balls, the first thing he said was, "Those things were impressive...are they going to have them bronzed?" The next thing he said was, "Man, remind me never to pee on the couch at their house...GOD!"

I'm thinking positive baby thoughts for you today! Hoping everything works out!