Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Blood donation

Hi everyone! I'm feeling a little uninspired tonight and I'm wondering if the good ole Georgia pollen is making my head hurt.
The shot this morning was smooth as a baby's bottom (fitting metaphor).
I saw the perinatologist today, was there 4 hours and 10 minutes - part them and part techincal difficulties because they didn't have all my records. Lesson learned - be your own health care advocate, be proactive, get copies of everything, and don't assume anything.
He ordered lots of tests to rule out possible conditions that could have caused the placental abruption. The lab took 8 vials of blood - a heck of a donation for my own good cause. Thanks to Dallas for the CPR and mouth to mouth resuscitation when I fell out later in the day - now that's a good friend!
While I was waiting in his office (there's only so much I can do on my blackberry in 4 hours and 10 minutes), I had fun watching all the activity down below, overlooking the street and front entrance to the emergency room. I saw a man bump the front of my car with his car when he was parking, but it's all good because 1) he is a DAV, I later learned, and 2) at least I'm not living in Iraq!
Holy cow, my coworker Beth, had a procedure done and sent out pictures today. Wow - they are impressive. She got sliced and diced. Hope you feel better and heal quickly Beth!
The Blog Master Amy has taught me how to attach pictures with the blog entry so I'll use it for future pics. I'll leave The Foot pictures at the bottom in case you don't want to see them.
A special I LOVE YOU and lots of hugs and kisses to my Mom!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi sandra...popped over from amy's blog. your comment about being your own health care advocate is a good one. my boss' wife has spent the last two years in and out of hospitals and if it weren't for his diligent collection and recording of tests and records, she'd most likely not be alive right now. he would scan all the paperwork to pdf, keep spreadsheets and journals of everything and keep it all on a thumb drive that he could easily take with him to any appointment or hospital visit.

Dallas said...

I actually DO know cpr if you happen to need it! Having a pint of blood removed would make anyone woozy. You know how I am about people and their health issues. Worried.

Mama Hunt said...

Thanks for the hugs and kisses, Sandra!

Thanks to your good descriptions, I feel like I was there for all the events.

I'm just thankful I don't live in EspaƱola! (snicker, snicker)