Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The clock is ticking


Hello! At the risk of cursing my future commutes, the drive this morning was smooth and quick. Yippee!
I have 13+ follicles on the right and 11+ follicles on the left. My estradiol is 1293, which is good that it's not higher (it allows time for the follicles to grow and mature). You get mature follicles via 3 factors: time, estradiol level and size. I will go back tomorrow for bloodwork and ultrasound and probably trigger Thursday night (a shot of hcg hormone 36 hours before retrieval) and have egg retrieval Saturday morning.
My doctor writes about fertility issues on a site called divinecaroline.com (a site for women, by women) - so check it out if you'd like.
My appt with the hematologist at Emory is Thursday at 11 and I hope to have some answers (maybe more blood tests?) from him about any clotting or blood issues.
Here's a picture of me and my doctor and nurse. Funny story - the lady who was taking the picture had the camera turned backwards and we could see her face on the screen because she had it pointed it right at herself.
Lynn (her husband, her daughter and her husband) along with Johnny Isaacson (spelling?), a Georgia politician, took a prayer quilt to President Bush in April 2007. They had a private meeting with him in the oval office, spent time talking and prayed together. She said it was an incredible experience. Lynn and her daughter make prayer quilts for people.
I've got my day planned out for Saturday - lots of movies, reading, and laying on the couch.
We could have a contest and see who can guess (the closest) how many follicles I'll have on each side after my ultrasound tomorrow. Post your guess on the "comments" and I'll declare a winner tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm going to go with 35 per ovary. 70 follicles.

I hope I win some advil. Or a new shoulder.

Rock on baby maker....rock on :)

cynthia said...

I guess 18+ follicles on right ovary and 15+ follicles on left ovary!!

Keep them coming Gorda Loca!!!