Monday, April 21, 2008

It might be time . . .

Okay, I go back to Atlanta tomorrow for another supression check. My estradiol (estrogen) level should be down and my follicles should be very small or gone - so we can get the show on the road. So, if all goes well, I'll start the stimulation (FSH) meds.
My nurse, Lynn, has a cool story about President Bush - I'll tell you the whole story later.
Justin had a tire blow out on his little, bitty, toy car this morning on the way to Athens - I'm very glad he is okay!
I started this morning out with a shot in the butt for my friend - who is well on her way on her own special and nerve wracking journey. You're getting there, day by day!
I'm listening to the 80's station - back to the good old days . . . Tears for Fears and Terence Trent D'Arby. And at 9, I'm going to listen to the Oprah/Eckart Tolle webcast re: his book, A New Earth. And then we can all be more aware.
I usually get a book on CD for any out of town trips in my car. Last IVF, I listened to Light on Snow (Anita Shreve), which was about a baby found abandoned in the snow/woods. This time, I checked out The Mermaid Chair (Sue Kidd Monk), which has a pregnant woman in it. Weird, the pregnancy and baby themes (I didn't know this before selecting these books).
I have a funny story, at work today, I was doing a group for 8yo-12yo girls. One of them saw the bottom of my foot (The Foot), and started remarking about it, show I showed everyone, then when group was over I showed everyone the blog picture of The Foot right after surgery. They were all shrieking about how gross it was but they couldn't stop looking and were climbing over each other to get a good look. I'm so proud of them!
I want to send my special thoughts to Jodi and Bryan who lost their first baby (dog), Cody, this past week. I empathize with them because our dogs have been like our children, our family - and it's hard when we lose them.
I hope you all have a great week! Hopefully, good news tomorrow - little Baby Gardners in the making!

No comments: