Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My drug dealers


Hello everyone! It's official - I'm starting the stimulation protocol this morning. Shots of 225 Follistim (follicle stimulating hormone) twice per day for the next ?12 days.
I start going to Atlanta everyday (bloodwork and ultrasounds) on Monday, April 28.
This picture is of William the pharmacist and Stephanie the tech at Concord Pharmacy. They are in the same building as my ivf docs and I imagine a large part of their business is for ivf, etc.
I was overly cautious this morning about the correct dose, the correct needle, the correct location - 2 shots and 1 antibiotic later I emerged victorious. It looked like my own little medical unit.
Depending on how things go, my procedures may be May 5 and 8.
More later . . .

3 comments:

dh said...

Call me sometime while you are up here. We can lunch!

Amy said...

Ok, first, they look like they may have been laughing at you???

And second, congrats on your ovaries shutting down!!!!!! (is that the correct terminology?)

Does Hallmark make cards for this yet???

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys!

suzandy1 said...

It is driving me crazy being so far away and reading about this instead of hearing it face to face. The blog is very entertaining though. Perhaps you have found your second calling as a professional writer.

ditto what dh said.