Saturday, April 12, 2008

How big is your needle?


Hello everyone!
Here are my needles. I'm using the one on the far right now. When I start using progesterone, I'll draw it out with the one on the far left (because it's in oil and thick), and it will go in with the needle in the middle.
The first time Justin ever gave me a progesterone shot, which is with the big needle, I was all geared up and waiting anxiously, I asked him if he was going to do it - and he already had, without me even feeling it! Last IVF, right before it was time to start the progesterone shots, the nurse taught Justin how to administer the shot and drew big circles in magic marker on my butt to "mark the spot." You want to be careful not to hit the sciatic nerve. So, once Justin started giving them, the circle would wash off when I showered, so he would draw them back and he'd make smiley faces, devil's horns and who knows what else since I couldn't really see them. After so many shots, you get needle hole marks (track marks on your butt?) and it's easy to see where to stick it in.
I went to Athens to be with Justin Friday for a party (the birthday girl was born the year Justin graduated from high school HA!). We had an excellent time and headed back to Macon Sat morning.
Has anyone (besides Mom) gotten into Eckart Tolle's A New Earth? If you have, let me know what you think.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: