Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm glad I don't live in Iraq!

Well, I think I can say that my shots are old hat now.
I have an appt tomorrow with a perinatologist (a high risk ob/gyn) in Macon. I will see him (plus my regular ob/gyn) if I'm pregnant, but I wanted to see him beforehand to consult about what to prepare for and what I can expect if I'm preggers.
I saw my endocrinologist last week, to check in regarding my hypothyroidism and pregnancy. It looks like we managed my thyroid problems well while I was pregnant the first time and it should be routine to manage in a future pregnancy.
Is there a doctor I haven't seen?
At lunch today, my friend, Betsy, says she knows of a really disgusting public restroom in Butler, GA. Hmmm . . . we'll save it as a back up in case we can't find one in Macon. Please let me know if you know of any nasty restrooms (if it's at your house, you may want to keep that to yourself).
What else today? The Foot continues to heal nicely. Rufus peed on Grandma's gas can. Happy Birthday to Rebecca (Dirty, that is)!!!
I haven't told you about my new motto. I don't know what made me think about this, but after all the recent hardship, I thought a lot about that many things could be worse - and my new motto was born: "I'm just glad I don't live in Iraq!" That gives you something to be thankful for, huh?
I'm glad you don't live in Iraq too!
Love - Sandra

2 comments:

Mama Hunt said...

Having seen the foot-right-after-surgery, I can verify that it's definitely looking better! Good news!

I'm so happy to be part of this exciting time in your life, Sandra!

I love you, Mom

cynthia said...

Hola Gorda Loca!!

Man!! Your blog profile is looking really nice. Your nasty foot scared me again!! I'm gagging as I think about it.

I know of a really nasty restroom. The community bathrooms in my dorm. It's really gross in there. You would think that college girls would be more clean!

I absolutely agree with "Mama Hunt" about being happy to be apart of this exciting time in your life. I'm also learning something educational!!

I'm also glad that we both don't live in Iraq :)!!

I LOVE U!! Ms.Sandra;)!!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13